The Green Papers
2008 Presidential Primaries, Caucuses, and Conventions
Copyright Northern Marianas Republican
Presidential Nominating Process
Precinct Caucuses: Tuesday 5 February - Saturday 9 February 2008
Commonwealth Convention: Saturday 23 February 2008
Delegate Votes
Hard TotalFloor Vote
McCain, John Sidney, III105  91.30% 9 100.00%
Huckabee, Michael Dale "Mike"5   4.35%  
Paul, Ronald Ernest "Ron"5   4.35%  
Uncommitted 9 100.00% 
Total115 100.00%9 100.00%9 100.00%

States Chronologically   States Alphabetically     Republican Convention    
Northern Marianas Primaries for Statewide offices and Congress
Northern Marianas State and Local Government


Reference Monday 25 February 2008: Articles Local GOP endorses McCain ( and Saipan GOP Delegates Pick McCain ( state that the 9 National Convention delegates from the U.S. Commonwealth of the Northern Marianas will be supporting Senator John McCain.... An article in The Saipan Tribune Local GOP endorses McCain states that 90% of the CNMI Republicans voted for McCain with the remaining 10% split between Congressman Ron Paul and former governor Mike Huckabee.

Reference: Friday 15 February 2008: NMI Republicans get McCain’s attention

Tuesday 5 February - Saturday 9 February 2008: Precinct Caucuses

Saturday 23 February 2008: 6 of the Northern Marianas' 9 delegates to the Republican National Convention will be chosen at today's Commonwealth Republican Convention.


  Election - Primary, Caucus, and Convention Home  
  Presidential Hopefuls  
  States Alphabetically  
  Events Chronologically  
  Major Events Chronologically  
  Poll Closing Times Chronologically   --   Poll Closing Times Alphabetically  
  Democratic "First Determining Step" Chronologically  
  Chronological Cumulative Allocation of Delegates  
  Weekly Delegate Distribution and Availability  
Delegate Counts
  State by State Summary  
  Democratic Pledged and Unpledged Summary   --   Republican Pledged and Unpledged Summary  
  Democratic Hard and Floor Summary   --   Republican Hard and Floor Summary  
  Democratic Unpledged Delegate Preferences  
Delegate Allocation
  Democratic Quick Reference   --   Republican Quick Reference  
  Democratic Detailed Delegate Allocation   --   Republican Detailed Delegate Allocation  
  Democratic Delegate Selection and Voter Eligibility   --   Republican Delegate Selection and Voter Eligibility  
  Primaries at a Glance  
Ballot Access
  Democratic Candidates   --   Republican Candidates  
  Historical Analysis of the Presidential Nominating Process  
  Historical Analysis of the apportionment of delegate votes at the National Conventions of the two major parties  
  Primary/Caucus/Convention Glossary  
  Third Parties (Green, Libertarian)  
  Straw Polls