Michigan has 16 Congressional Districts and 83 Counties;
72 Counties are within one CD and 11 Counties are split between more
than one CD.
UNDIVIDED COUNTIES: (Counties wholly within one Congressional District)
- CD # 1: Alger, Alpena, Antrim, Baraga, Benzie, Charlevoix, Cheboygan,
Chippewa, Delta, Dickinson, Emmet, Gogebic, Grand Traverse, Houghton,
Iron, Kalkaska, Keweenaw, Leelanau, Luce, Mackinac, Marquette,
Menominee, Montmorency, Ontonagon, Otsego, Presque Isle, Schoolcraft.
- CD # 2: Lake, Manistee, Mason, Muskegon, Newaygo, Oceana, Ottawa,
- CD # 3: Ionia, Kent. (2)
- CD # 4: Clare, Clinton, Gladwin, Gratiot, Isabella, Mecosta, Midland,
Missaukee, Montcalm, Ogemaw, Osceola, Oscoda, Roscommon. (13)
- CD # 5: Alcona, Arenac, Bay, Huron, Iosco, Sanilac, Tuscola. (7)
- CD # 6: Berrien, Cass, Kalamazoo, St. Joseph, Van Buren. (5)
- CD # 7: Branch, Calhoun, Eaton, Hillsdale, Jackson, Lenawee. (6)
- CD # 8: Ingham, Livingston. (2)
- CD # 10: St. Clair. (1)
- CD # 16: Monroe. (1)
DIVIDED COUNTIES: (Counties with portions in more than one Congressional
- Allegan: CD2 and CD6
- Barry: CD2, CD3 and CD7
- Crawford: CD1 and CD4
- Genesee: CD5, CD8 and CD9
- Lapeer: CD5 and CD9
- Macomb: CD10 and CD12
- Oakland: CD8, CD9, CD11 and CD12
- Saginaw: CD4 and CD5
- Shiawassee: CD4 and CD8
- Washtenaw: CD7, CD8 and CD13
- Wayne: CD 11, CD13, CD14, CD15 and CD16.
NOTE: CDs 14 and 15 are wholly contained within Wayne County.
The following listing of the Minor Civil Divisions (also known as "County Subdivisions") included in each Congressional District of which the so-called DIVIDED COUNTIES are a part contains references to the Townships and the Cities only. There are two types of Municipality in Michigan: the City and the Village- but, while the City is administratively and governmentally separate from any Township, the Village remains a part of its Township and, thus, is itself a further subdivision of the Township; therefore, Villages- unlike Cities and Townships- do not constitute Minor Civil Divisions/County Subdivisions of the first order in the State of Michigan and, thus, no Villages are noted in this listing:
- CD # 6 includes the Townships of Casco, Cheshire, Lee and Trowbridge plus the City of Otsego;
- Otsego Township is split between CDs 2 and 6.
- The remainder of Allegan County is in CD # 2.
- CD # 2 includes the Townships of Barry, Orangeville, Prairieville, Thornapple and Yankee Springs;
Hope Township is split between CDs 2 and 3;
- CD # 3 includes the Townships of Carlton, Castleton, Hastings, Irving, Rutland and Woodland plus the City of Hastings;
- CD # 7 includes the Townships of Assyria, Johnstown and Maple Grove.
- Most of Baltimore Township is in CD 7 but a small portion lies in CD 3.
- CD # 1 includes the Townships of Frederic, Lovells and Maple Forest;
- CD # 4 includes the Townships of Beaver Creek and South Branch plus the City of Grayling.
- Grayling Township is split between CDs 1 and 4.
- CD # 5 includes the Townships of Flushing, Forest, Genesee, Montrose, Mount Morris, Richfield, Thetford and Vienna plus the Cities of Clio, Flushing and Mount Morris;
- CD # 8 includes the Townships of Argentine, Clayton, Fenton, Flint, Gaines and Mundy plus the Cities of Fenton and Swartz Creek;
- CD # 9 includes the Townships of Atlas and Davison plus the Cities of Burton, Davison, Flint and Grand Blanc.
- Grand Blanc Township is split between CDs 8 and 9.
- CD # 9 includes the Townships of Almont, Attica, Dryden, Elba, Hadley, Imlay, Lapeer and Metamora plus the Cities of Imlay City and Lapeer.
- The remainder of Lapeer County is in CD # 5.
- CD # 12 includes the Cities of Center Line, Sterling Heights, Utica and Warren.
- Most of the City of Eastpointe (formerly East Detroit) is in CD 10 but a small portion lies in CD 12.
- The remainder of Macomb County is in CD # 10.
- CD # 8 includes the Townships of Holly and Rose.
- CD # 9 includes the Townships of Addison, Brandon, Groveland, Independence, Oakland Charter, Orion, Oxford, Springfield and Waterford plus the Cities of Auburn Hills, Lake Angelus, Pontiac, Rochester and Rochester Hills.
- CD # 11 includes the Townships of Bloomfield, Commerce, Highland, Lyon, Milford, Novi, Southfield, West Bloomfield and White Lake plus the Cities of Birmingham, Bloomfield Hills, Keego Harbor, Lathrup Village, Novi, Orchard Lake Village, South Lyon, Sylvan Lake, Walled Lake and Wixom;
the City of Northville straddles the county line between Oakland and Wayne Counties- only that portion of Northville within Oakland County is in CD # 11.
- CD # 12 includes the Cities of Berkley, Clawson, Ferndale, Hazel Park, Huntington Woods, Madison Heights, Oak Park, Pleasant Ridge, Royal Oak and Troy.
- The City of Southfield is mostly in CD 11 but a small portion lies in CD 12.
- CD # 5 includes the Townships of Blumfield, Buena Vista Charter, Frankenmuth, Saginaw and Zilwaukee plus the Cities of Frankenmuth, Saginaw and Zilwaukee.
- Most of Kochville Township is in CD 4 but a small portion lies in CD 5.
- The remainder of Saginaw County is in CD # 4.
- CD # 8 includes the Townships of Antrim, Burns, Shiawassee and Vernon plus the City of Durand.
- Venice Township is split between CDs 4 and 8.
- The remainder of Shiawassee County is in CD # 4.
- CD # 7 includes the Townships of Bridgewater, Manchester, Saline and York;
- the City of Milan straddles the county line between Monroe and Washtenaw Counties- only that portion of Milan within Washtenaw County is in CD 7.
- The City of Saline is split between CDs 7 and 8.
- CD # 8 includes the Townships of Dexter, Freedom, Lima, Lodi, Lyndon, Northfield, Scio, Sharon, Sylvan and Webster.
- CD # 13 includes the Townships of Ann Arbor, Salem, Superior and Ypsilanti plus the Cities of Ann Arbor and Ypsilanti;
- Pittsfield Township is split between CDs 8 and 13.
- CD # 11 includes the Township of Redford.
- The City of Livonia is split between CDs 11 and 13.
- CD # 13 includes the Townships of Canton, Huron, Northville, Plymouth, Sumpter and Van Buren plus the Cities of Belleville, Garden City, Inkster, Plymouth, Wayne and Westland;
- the City of Northville straddles the county line between Oakland and Wayne Counties- only that portion of Northville within Wayne County is in CD 13.
- CD # 14 includes the Township of Grosse Pointe plus the Cities of Grosse Pointe Woods, Harper Woods and Highland Park.
- The City of Detroit is split between CDs 14 and 15.
- CD # 15 includes the Cities of Ecorse, Grosse Pointe, Grosse Pointe Farms, Grosse Point Park, Hamtramck and River Rouge.
- CD # 16 includes the Townships of Brownstown and Grosse Ile plus the Cities of Allen Park, Dearborn, Dearborn Heights, Flat Rock, Gibraltar, Lincoln Park, Melvindale, Riverview, Rockwood, Southgate, Taylor, Trenton, Woodhaven and Wyandotte.