Ohio has 88 Counties and 19 Congressional Districts: 68 counties are wholly within a congressional district; 20 counties are divided among more than one Congressional District.
UNDIVIDED COUNTIES (those wholly within one Congressional District):
- CD # 2: Adams, Brown and Clermont
- CD # 4: Allen, Crawford, Hancock, Hardin, Marion, Morrow, Richland and Wyandot
- CD # 5: Defiance, Erie, Henry, Huron, Paulding, Putnam, Sandusky, Seneca, Van Wert and Williams
- CD # 6: Athens, Clinton, Gallia, Highland, Hocking, Jackson, Lawrence, Meigs, Pike, Scioto, Vinton and Washington
- CD # 7: Champaign, Clark, Fairfield, Fayette, Greene and Union
- CD # 8: Butler, Darke, Miami, Preble and Shelby
- CD # 9: Fulton and Lewis
- CD # 12: Delaware
- CD # 13: Geauga and Medina
- CD # 15: Madison
- CD # 16: Ashland, Holmes and Wayne
- CD # 17: Mahoning
- CD # 18: Belmont, Carroll, Coshocton, Guernsey, Harrison, Jefferson, Monroe, Morgan, Muskingum, Noble, Perry and Tuscarawas
- CD # 19: Ashtabula and Lake
DIVIDED COUNTIES (those split among more than one Congressional District):
- Auglaize: CDs 4 and 8
- Columbiana: CDs 17 and 18
- Cuyahoga: CDs 10, 11, 13 and 19 [CDs # 10 and #11 are wholly within Cuyahoga County]
- Franklin: CDs 12 and 15
- Hamilton: CDs 1 and 2 [CD # 1 is wholly within Hamilton County]
- Knox: CDs 4 and 16
- Licking: CDs 12 and 18
- Logan: CDs 4 and 7
- Lorain: CDs 5 and 13
- Mercer: CDs 5 and 8
- Montgomery: CDs 3 and 8 [CD # 3 is wholly within Montgomery County]
- Ottawa: CDs 5 and 9
- Pickaway: CDs 7 and 15
- Portage: CDs 13 and 14
- Ross: CDs 6 and 7
- Stark: CDs 14 and 16
- Summit: CDs 13 and 14
- Trumbull: CDs 13 and 17
- Warren: CDs 2 and 6
- Wood: CDs 5 and 9
The following listing of the Minor Civil Divisions (also known as
"County Subdivisions") included in each Congressional District of which
the so-called DIVIDED COUNTIES are a part most often contains
references to Townships, but occasionally will refer to Cities and
Villages as well. There are two types of Municipality in Ohio: the
City (with a population over 5,000) and the Village (with a population
under 5,000): a City or Village usually remains administratively and
governmentally part of its parent Township- in which case, such City or
Village is a further subdivision of the Township and, thus, not a Minor
Civil Division/County Subdivision of the first order like the Township
itself; however- primarily in the more urbanized areas of the state- a
City or Village or a combination of Cities and/or Villages may have
completely obliterated its/their parent Township or nearly so- wholly
or partially supplanting it- and, thus, may themselves have become
Minor Civil Divisions/County Subdivisions of the first order in the
State of Ohio equivalent to Townships in other parts of the same county
as well as elsewhere in the state.
As a general rule, this listing of Minor Civil Divisions/County
Subdivisions for most of the so-called DIVIDED COUNTIES in Ohio will
usually only list the Townships in a given congressional district;
however, in some counties, a listing of the Cities and Villages in a
congressional district- especially where they exist in lieu of
Townships- will be necessary:
- portions of both St. Marys Township and Washington
- Township are in CD # 8. the remainder of Auglaize County is in CD # 4.
- portions of both Washington Township and Yellow Creek Township are in CD # 18.
- the remainder of Columbiana County is in CD # 17.
- CD # 10 includes Olmsted Township and Riveredge Township plus the Cities of Bay Village, Berea, Fairview Park, Lakewood, North Olmsted, Olmsted Hills, Parma, Rocky River, Seven Hills and Westlake plus the Villages of Brooklyn Heights, Cuyahoga Heights and Newburgh Heights.
- CD # 11 includes Warrensville Township plus the Cities of Bedford Heights, Cleveland Heights, East Cleveland, Euclid, Shaker Heights, South Euclid, University Heights and Warrensville Heights plus the Villages of Bratenahl, Linndale, North Randall, Orange and Woodmere.
- CD # 19 includes Chagrin Falls Township plus the Cities of Brook Park, Chagrin Falls, Highland Heights, Independence, Lyndhurst, Mayfield Heights, Middleburg Heights, Parma Heights, Pepper Pike and Solon plus the Villages of Bentleyville, Gates Mills, Glenwillow, Hunting Valley, Mayfield, Moreland Hills and Valley View.
- the Cities of Brooklyn and Cleveland are split between CD # 10 and CD # 11.
- the City of Strongville is split between CD # 10 and CD # 19.
- the Cities of Beachwood, Bedford, Garfield Heights, Maple Heights and Richmond Heights plus the Village of Oakwood are split between CD # 11 and CD # 19.
- the Cities of Brecksville, Broadview Heights and North Royalton are split between CD # 13 and CD # 19.
- CD # 12 includes: the Townships of Blendon, Jefferson, Mifflin, Plain, Truro and Washington; the Cities of Bexley, Gahanna, Reynoldsburg, Westerville and Whitehall.
- CD # 15 includes: the Townships of Brown, Franklin, Hamilton, Jackson, Madison, Norwich, Perry, Pleasant and Prairie; the Cities of Grandview Heights, Grove City, Hilliard, Upper Arlington and Worthington.
- Clinton Township, Sharon Township and the City of Columbus are split between CDs 12 and 15.
- CD # 2: Anderson Township, Crosby Township, Harrison Township, Sycamore Township, Symmes Township and Whitewater Township plus the Cities of Blue Ash, Deer Park, Fairfield, Loveland, Madeira, Montgomery, Norwood, Reading, Sharonville, Springdale, Village of Indian Hill and Wyoming plus the Villages of Amberley, Arlington Heights, Evendale, Fairfax, Milford, Newtown and Terrace Park.
- Colerain Township, Columbia Township and Springfield Township, the Cities of Cincinnati and Forest Park, the Villages of Glendale and Mariemont are split between CDs 1 and 2.
- the remainder of Hamilton County is in CD # 1.
- CD # 16: the Townships of Jefferson, Monroe and Pike.
- the Townships of Berlin, Brown, College, Harrison, Howard, Morris,
- Pleasant and Union plus the City of Mount Vernon are split between CDs 4 and 16.
- the remainder of Knox County is in CD # 4.
- CD # 12: the Townships of Bennington, Burlington, Etna, Granville,
Harrison, Hartford, Jersey, Liberty, Lima, McKean, Monroe, Newark,
Newton, St. Albans and Washington.
- CD # 18: the Townships of Bowling Green, Eden, Fallsbury, Franklin,
Hanover, Hopewell, Licking, Madison, MaryAnn, Perry and Union plus the
City of Heath.
- the City of Newark is split between CDs 12 and 18.
- CD # 7: the Townships of Liberty, Monroe and Union.
- the Townships of Harrison, Jefferson, Lake, Miami, Pleasant and Zane are
split between CDs 4 and 7.
- the remainder of Logan County is in CD # 4.
- CD # 5: the Townships of Brighton, Camden, Henrietta, Huntington,
Lagrange, Penfield, Rochester and Wellington.
- CD # 13: the Townships of Amherst, Columbia and Elyria plus the Cities
of Amherst, Avon, Avon Lake, Elyria, Lorain, North Ridgeville and
Sheffield Lake plus the Village of Sheffield.
- the Townships of Brownhelm, Carlisle, Eaton, Grafton, Pittsfield and
Russia are split between CDs 5 and 13.
- CD # 5: the Townships of Black Creek, Dublin and Union.
- the Townships of Center, Hopewell and Liberty are split between CDs 5
- the remainder of Mercer County is in CD # 8.
- German Township and Jackson Township are split between CDs 3 and 8.
- the remainder of Montgomery County is in CD # 3.
- CD # 5: the Townships of Bay, Carroll, Catawba Island, Danbury, Erie, Portage and Put-in-Bay.
- CD # 9: the Townships of Allen, Benton, Clay and Harris.
- Salem Township is split between CDs 5 and 9.
- CD # 15: Darby Township.
- Scioto Township is split between CDs 7 and 15.
- the remainder of Pickaway County is in CD # 7.
- CD # 13: the Townships of Atwater, Charlestown, Deerfield, Edinburg, Freedom, Hiram, Mantua, Nelson, Palmyra, Paris, Randolph and Windham plus the City of Aurora and the Village of Garrettsville.
- CD # 14: the Townships of Brimfield, Franklin, Ravenna and Suffield plus the City of Streetsboro and the Village of Sugar Bush Knolls.
- Rootstown Township and Shalersville Township are split between CDs 13 and 14.
- CD # 6: the Townships of Franklin, Huntington, Jefferson, Liberty, Paint and Paxton.
- CD # 7: the Townships of Colerain, Deerfield, Green and Union.
- the Townships of Buckskin, Concord, Harrison, Scioto [including the City of Chillicothe], Springfield and Twin are split between CDs 6 and 7.
- Lake Township is split between CDs 14 and 16.
- the remainder of Stark County is in CD # 16.
- CD # 13: the Townships of Northfield Center, Sagamore Hills and Twinsburg plus the Cities of Macedonia and Twinsburg plus the Villages of Northfield and Remindersville.
- the remainder of Summit County is in CD # 14.
- CD # 13: the Townships of Bloomfield, Braceville, Bristol, Farmington, Mesopotamia, Newton and Southington.
- CD # 17: the Townships of Bazetta, Brookfield, Fowler, Greene, Gustavus, Hartford, Howland, Hubbard, Johnston, Kinsman, Liberty, Mecca, Vernon, Vienna, Warren and Weathersfield plus the City of Warren and the Village of Lordstown.
- Champion Township is split between CDs 13 and 17.
- CD # 2: the Townships of Clear Creek, Franklin and Wayne.
- CD # 6: the Townships of Harlan, Salem and Union plus the City of Lebanon and the Village of South Lebanon.
- the Townships of Deerfield, Hamilton, Massie, Turtle Creek and Washington are split between CDs 2 and 6.
- CD # 5: the Townships of Bloom, Grand Rapids, Henry, Jackson, Liberty, Milton, Montgomery, Perry, Plain, Portage, Washington and Weston.
- CD # 9: the Townships of Center, Freedom, Lake, Troy and Webster plus the City of Rossford and the Village of Northwood.
- Middleton Township, Perrysburg Township and the City of Bowling Green are split between CDs 5 and 9.