The Popular Vote above is based on official returns from the 14
Here's how we estimate the delegate count:
- The candidate with the greatest popular vote in each of the 6 districts receives that district's 3 delegates.
- The candidate with the greatest statewide popular vote receives 20 delegates.
|Delegates|| ||38|| || ||38|| || ||0|
Tuesday 14 March 2000: All 38 of Oklahoma's delegates to the Republican
National Convention are allocated to presidential contenders in today's
Oklahoma Presidential Primary.
- "18 district delegates are to be allocated to presidential
contenders based on the primary results in each of the 6 congressional
districts: each congressional district is assigned 3 National
Convention delegates and the presidential contender receiving the
greatest number of votes in that district, notwithstanding that
candidate's percentage of the total primary vote in the district, will
receive all 3 of that district's National Convention delegates. In
addition, 20 at-large delegates (6 base at-large delegates plus 14
bonus delegates) are to be allocated to the presidential contender
receiving the greatest number of votes in the primary statewide,
notwithstanding that candidate's percentage of the total primary vote
statewide. This winning candidate will be said to have received the
'final net primary vote': note, however, that it will be possible- by
winning delegates at the 'winner-take-all' congressional district
level- for a presidential contender other than the one so receiving the
final net primary vote statewide to be allocated National Convention
delegates in the Oklahoma Presidential Primary."
Oklahoma has 77 counties and 6 congressional districts: 72 counties are wholly within a given congressional district; 5 are divided among more than one congressional district.
UNDIVIDED COUNTIES (wholly within one Congressional District):
- CD # 1: Tulsa
- CD # 2: Adair, Cherokee, Craig, Creek, Delaware, Haskell, McIntosh, Mayes, Muskogee, Nowata, Okfuskee, Okmulgee, Ottawa, Rogers and Sequoyah
- CD # 3: Atoka, Bryan, Carter, Choctaw, Coal, Hughes, Johnston, Latimer, LeFlore, Lincoln, Love, McCurtain, Marshall, Murray, Payne, Pittsburg, Pontotoc, Pottawatomie, Pushmataha and Seminole
- CD # 4: Cleveland, Comanche, Cotton, Garvin, Grady, Jackson, Jefferson, McClain, Stephens and Tillman
- CD # 5: Key, Logan, Noble and Washington
- CD # 6: Alfalfa, Beaver, Beckham, Blaine, Caddo, Cimarron, Custer, Dewey, Ellis, Garfield, Grant, Greer, Harmon, Harper, Kingfisher, Kiowa, Major, Roger Mills, Texas, Washita, Woods and Woodward
DIVIDED COUNTIES (split between more than one Congressional District):
- Canadian: CDs 5 & 6
- Oklahoma: CDs 4, 5 & 6
- Osage: CDs 2 & 5
- Pawnee: CDs 2 & 3
- Wagoner: CDs 1 & 2