|Democratic Presidential Nominating Process||Republican Presidential Nominating Process|
|AK AL AR AS AZ CA CO CT DA DC DE FL GA GM HI IA ID IL IN KS KY LA MA MD ME MI MN MO MS MT NC ND NE NH NJ NM NV NY OH OK OR PA PR RI SC SD TN TX UN UT VA VI VT WA WI WV WY||AK AL AR AS AZ CA CO CT DC DE FL GA GM HI IA ID IL IN KS KY LA MA MD ME MI MN MO MS MT NC ND NE NH NJ NM NV NY OH OK OR PA PR RI SC SD TN TX UT VA VI VT WA WI WV WY|
|Democrat - Convention Floor Vote|
|Need to Nominate||2,162.0|
|Kerry, John F.||4,253.0|
|Kucinich, Dennis J.||43.0|
|Clark, Wesley K.||0.0|
|Sharpton, Alfred C. "Al"||0.0|
|Republican - Convention Floor Vote|
|Need to Nominate||1,255|
|Bush, George W.||2,508|
- Election 2004 Presidential Primaries, Caucuses, and Conventions
- State by State coverage. Includes the Delegate Selection Process, delegate
allocation, delegate counts, popular vote, primary and caucus dates, primary
types, voter eligibility, poll closing times.
Details of Delegate Allocation
Candidates (Ballot Access)
- Senator Kerry selects Senator John Edwards as his Running Mate
- 6 July 2004
- 44th Democratic National Convention
- 26 to 29 July 2004 - Boston, Massachusetts
- 38th Republican National Convention
- 30 August to 2 September 2004 - New York City, New York
- WHY ARE THEY ALL HERE, ANYWAY?
- An historical analysis of the apportionment of delegate votes at the National Conventions of the two major parties.
- Historical Analysis of the Presidential Nominating Process
- Presidential Primary Types include
the Delegate Selection Primary, Advisory Primary, Winner-Take-All Primary,
Proportional Primary, Democratic National Convention Proportional Primary
Threshold Rules, Bonus Primary, Loophole Primary, and Caucus/Convention.
- Voter Eligibility for the Closed, Open,
and Modified Open Primary or Caucus.
- Major Third Parties - Presidential Nominating Process
- Green Party
- Libertarian Party
- Reform Party
- Pre-2004 Musings
- 2004 White House Hopefuls - A list of announced candidates.